Friday, March 27, 2009

Rep. Green celebrates Red Hat Day in Olympia

Today, Rep. Tami Green (D-Lakewood) celebrated the joy of aging and showed her support for empowering women at all stages of their lives.

“It’s exciting to go through this journey of aging,” Green said. “The older I get, the less I worry about what others think of me and the more I worry about what I think of me.”

Sponsoring House Resolution 4641, she recognized Red Hatters throughout Washington State.

The Red Hat Society is a social organization for women over age 50. The mission of the Red Hat Society is to gain higher visibility for aging women and to reshape the way they are viewed by today's culture.

The age 50 and over women of The Red Hat Society wear elaborately decorated red hats with purple dresses and clothing, while the junior postulants wear pink hats and lavender clothing.

Apture