Thursday, April 14, 2011

Oly greets Wylie

This morning the House of Representatives welcomed its newest member, Sharon Wylie, who was appointed to succeed Jim Jacks as a representative from the 49th Legislative District.

"I am humbled and excited to serve the people of Southwest Washington in the state legislature. I pledge to the families back home that I will work tirelessly to represent their interests, and that I will utilize my background and experience to serve the needs of our district. I am eager to begin working with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to tackle the serious economic challenges facing our state,” said the Vancouver Democrat.

Wylie was recognized on the House floor by Speaker Pro Tempore Jim Moeller, D-Vancouver, her fellow 49th District representative.

To read more, go here.

To read this blog post in Spanish, go here.

Apture