Friday, December 5, 2008

Rep. Lantz waxes poetic about time in Legislature


Rep. Pat Lantz from Gig Harbor has served in the Legislature since 1997. Joe Turner of the News Tribune wrote up a great summary of Rep. Lantz's time in the House and a preview of what she'll do with her newfound free-time. Word is she'll volunteer with Washington's Heritage Center Trust and focus on one of her great passions - poetry.

In Pat's words:
It’s been quite a ride. As a legislator, I’ve seen such a spectrum of events - from the dot com boom and bust, to the 9-11 attacks and their societal and political ramifications, to protecting our civil liberties for the past 12 years. I am proud of my steadfast service to my community and our state. I am pleased, too, with my accomplishments in advocating for access to justice, fending off library censorship, addressing domestic violence, and raising awareness for the need of a healthy Puget Sound, including examining the controversial practice of geoduck farming. I didn’t have the luxury of always being in the clear majority, so I am proud of the negotiating skills I honed over the years. For certain, I have had the pleasure of working with a tremendous group of people, many of whom are as passionate as I am about good governance. I wouldn’t trade a minute of it for anything.

Apture