|Photo credit: Lobo|
Interested in joining the dig? Come out to Twin Harbors on May 5 through 7 to join fellow clam lovers on the beach. Digging will take place during low tide as follows:
- May 5, Saturday – 6:32AM, -1.5 feet
- May 6, Sunday – 7:19AM, -2.1 feet
- May 7, Monday – 8:07AM, -2.3 feet
Show up about an hour or two prior to low tide – this is the only beach open for razor clam digging and there will more than likely be a crowd.
Here are some handy rules to keep in mind:
- Diggers are allowed by law to take up to 15 clams/day and are required to keep the first 15 they dig
- Each digger’s clams must be in separate containers
- A valid 2012-13 fishing license is required to participate, except individuals under 15 years of age, who may fish for free
Click here to purchase a fishing license. For more information about the dig, click here.
To read this post in Spanish, click here.