Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Transpo leaders eye I-90 progress


A busload of transportation leaders that is heading to eastern Washington eyed progress at the historic I-90 widening project. The bipartisan leaders include Judy Clibborn, the House Transportation Chair who is also this year’s presiding co-chair of the Joint Transportation Committee.

I-90 is a vital east-west corridor and an economic lifeline to eastern Washington businesses and farmers. The major widening will provide three lanes in each direction, and an animal crossing to reduce delays and disruptions to the human traffic. I-90 is key to the goal of “One Washington” with interconnections throughout the state.

The leaders heard good news confirmed: The vital I-90 project is moving forward on schedule, and will be completed in 2013.

Apture