On Wednesday, Speaker Chopp and Rep. Pat Sullivan met with Governor Gregoire for a "five corners" meeting with legislative leaders and budget writers from all four caucuses (House and Senate Ds and Rs).
Last month the Governor requested input from the caucuses on how to address the 2011 operating budget shortfall. Here is the list of reduction ideas from House Democrats.
The list is still very preliminary. Members worked diligently to mitigate some of the most painful reductions that were included in the Governor's list of possible reductions. For example, House Democrats do not include the following proposed reductions:
• Eliminating the Basic Health Plan
• Reducing Levy Equalization
• Eliminating the Children’s Health Program
• Eliminating Disability Lifeline Medical Care
• Eliminating Pharmacy Benefits for Adults
And about that special session -- still no agreement. Stay tuned!